I am a visiting PhD student from the University of Calgary, interested in building communication tools for use in large outdoor environments. My current focus is on designing tools for wilderness search and rescue.
My research lies in the area of User-Centered Design. While focusing on human interaction, it also optimizes products as suitable, practical, concise and elegant.
My research interest is in user experience. Specifically I am exploring user experience and interaction with novel communication tools used to enhance the connectivity between family members.
I’m particularly interested in Human-Computer Interaction and Artificial Intelligence. The focus of my research is Distributed Escape Rooms, which uses video technology to allow people in different locations to communicate and collaborate.
My research explores the history and culture of government agencies to provide some context and understanding around the emergence of digital government and open data, often combined and considered synonymous with open government.
My research interests are interaction design, human computer interaction and data visualizations. My current research is on using mobile technologies to improve personal usages.
I am interested in designing interactive systems to enhance people's communication, which include information sharing platform for family members, pervasive games and video chat technology.
My research is in the area of Enhancing User Experience and Interaction design, with main focus on e-learning, mobile and ubiquitous technologies.
My research is in the areas of Human-Computer Interaction and Interaction Design, where I study social culture, user behaviors, group collaboration, and ubiquitous and mobile technology design.
My main research area is Human-Computer Interaction with a focus on Computer Supported Collaboration. Currently, my research is focused designing a immersive video communication platform for Long Distance Relationships(LDR).
My research area is focused on connecting distance-separated grandparents and grandchildren, understanding their communication patterns, and designing engaging environments that enable them to share their daily lives together.
- Dr. Kate Hennessy, SIAT, Simon Fraser University
- Dr. Parmit Chilana, Computing Science, Simon Fraser University
- Dr. Anthony Tang, University of Calgary
- Dr. Tejinder Judge, Google
- Stephanie Wong, MSc (2017)
- Victoria Moulder, PhD (2016) (now at University of Tokyo)
- Erick Oduor, PhD (2015) (now at IBM Research Africa)
- Jason Procyk, MSc (2015) (now at Electronic Arts, past FCV Interactive)
- Dan Hawkins, MSc (2015) (now at Camp Pacific, past HootSuite)
- Serena Hillman, PhD (2014) (now at SMART Technologies, past Electronic Arts)
- Carolyn Pang, MSc (2013) (now at City of Burnaby)
- Tejinder Judge, PhD, Virginia Tech (2010) (now at Google)
- Hanieh Shakeri, Research Assistant (2016)
- Jiazhuo Qin, MITACS Intern (2016)
- Yee Loong Ooi, Research Assistant (2016)
- Niala Moallem, Research Assistant (2015)
- Uddipana Baishya, MITACS Intern (2015)
- Vũ Mạnh Cường, MITACS Intern (2015)
- Anezka Chua, Research Assistant (2016)
- Clarissa Ishak, Undergrad Researcher (2014-15)
- Brendan DeBrincat, Undergrad Researcher (2014)
- Rui Pan, MITACS Intern (2014)
- Jordan Beja, Research Assistant (2014)
- Jordan Tseng, Research Assistant (2014)
- MaoYang Li, MITACS Intern (2013)
- Jason Procyk, Undergrad Researcher (2013)
- Jessica Coccimiglio, Undergrad Researcher (2013)
- Cecilia Lam, Undergrad Researcher (2013)
- Aaron Mah, Research Assistant (2013)
- Mary Hui, Undergrad Honors & Capstone (2012)
- Christine Ly, Undergrad Capstone (2012)
- Tatiana Buhler, Undergrad Capstone & Research Assistant (2012)
- Azmina Karimi, Undergrad Honors (2011) (now at R/GA)
- Terence Tsung, Research Assistant (2011)