I’m interested in research studies that can open up new possibilities in the design of interactive systems which are both meaningful and joyful to use.
I’m interested in Human Computer Interaction. Now I’m an undergraduate major in software engineering so my current work aims at building mobile devices and designing user interface for better user experience.
My research interests are within the area of Human Computer Interaction, involving tele communication, community collaboration and mobile based interaction technologies.
My research involves the design and development of video communications technologies for the web, mobile devices, and telepresence robots.
My work involves developing newer UI designs, video communication technology and conducting user studies to build a robust user experience for long distance visual and audio communication.
I am a visiting PhD student from the University of Calgary, interested in building communication tools for use in large outdoor environments. My current focus is on designing tools for wilderness search and rescue.
My research interest is in user experience. Specifically I am exploring user experience and interaction with novel communication tools used to enhance the connectivity between family members.
My research explores the history and culture of government agencies to provide some context and understanding around the emergence of digital government and open data, often combined and considered synonymous with open government.
My research interests are interaction design, human computer interaction and data visualizations. My current research is on using mobile technologies to improve personal usages.
My research is in the areas of Human-Computer Interaction and Interaction Design, where I study social culture, user behaviors, group collaboration, and ubiquitous and mobile technology design.
My research area is focused on connecting distance-separated grandparents and grandchildren, understanding their communication patterns, and designing engaging environments that enable them to share their daily lives together.
- Dr. Kate Hennessy, SIAT, Simon Fraser University
- Dr. Parmit Chilana, Computing Science, Simon Fraser University
- Dr. Anthony Tang, University of Calgary
- Dr. Tejinder Judge, Google
- Carolyn Pang, PhD (2018) (now at City of Burnaby)
- Rui Pan, MSc (2017) (now at Work Applications Co.)
- Samarth Singhal, MSc (2017) (now at Thalmic Labs)
- Stephanie Wong, MSc (2017) (now at True North Management)
- Victoria Moulder, PhD (2016) (now at University of Tokyo)
- Erick Oduor, PhD (2015) (now at IBM Research Africa)
- Jason Procyk, MSc (2015) (now at Electronic Arts, past FCV Interactive)
- Dan Hawkins, MSc (2015) (now at Camp Pacific, past HootSuite)
- Serena Hillman, PhD (2014) (now at SMART Technologies, past Electronic Arts)
- Carolyn Pang, MSc (2013) (now at City of Burnaby)
- Tejinder Judge, PhD, Virginia Tech (2010) (now at Google)
- Zikun Yang , MITACS Intern (2018)
- Xiaoxuan ‘Anty’ Xiong , MITACS Intern (2017)
- Hanieh Shakeri, Research Assistant (2016-2017)
- Jiazhuo Qin, MITACS Intern (2016)
- Yee Loong Ooi, Research Assistant (2016)
- Niala Moallem, Research Assistant (2015)
- Uddipana Baishya, MITACS Intern (2015)
- Vũ Mạnh Cường, MITACS Intern (2015)
- Anezka Chua, Research Assistant (2016)
- Clarissa Ishak, Undergrad Researcher (2014-15)
- Brendan DeBrincat, Undergrad Researcher (2014)
- Rui Pan, MITACS Intern (2014)
- Jordan Beja, Research Assistant (2014)
- Jordan Tseng, Research Assistant (2014)
- MaoYang Li, MITACS Intern (2013)
- Jason Procyk, Undergrad Researcher (2013)
- Jessica Coccimiglio, Undergrad Researcher (2013)
- Cecilia Lam, Undergrad Researcher (2013)
- Aaron Mah, Research Assistant (2013)
- Mary Hui, Undergrad Honors & Capstone (2012)
- Christine Ly, Undergrad Capstone (2012)
- Tatiana Buhler, Undergrad Capstone & Research Assistant (2012)
- Azmina Karimi, Undergrad Honors (2011) (now at R/GA)
- Terence Tsung, Research Assistant (2011)