My research explores how people communicate with each other through the use of various technological modalities, and how devices can be designed to support such communication.
My research involves the connection between Family and Technology and how COVID-19 shaped the future of this subject. My interests mainly rest in the areas of human-computer interaction and UX design.
My research interests include human-computer interaction, human-centred design, and social games. I’m interested in technologies that enable people to share playful experiences over distance.
My research is about creating tangible and wearable technologies that connect people and enrich their day-to-day experiences. I’m interested in human computer interaction, ubiquitous computing, and interaction design.
My research interests are within the area of Human Computer Interaction, involving tele communication, community collaboration and mobile based interaction technologies.
My work involves developing newer UI designs, video communication technology and conducting user studies to build a robust user experience for long distance visual and audio communication.
I am a visiting PhD student from the University of Calgary, interested in building communication tools for use in large outdoor environments. My current focus is on designing tools for wilderness search and rescue.
My research is in the areas of Human-Computer Interaction and Interaction Design, where I study social culture, user behaviors, group collaboration, and ubiquitous and mobile technology design.
- Dr. Lillian Yang (2020) (now at Google)
- Dr. Yasamin Heshmat (2020) (now at Electronic Arts)
- Nafiz Khan, MSc (2019) (now at Famli.net Communications)
- Dr. Azadeh Forghani, PhD (2019) (now at Microsoft, past Digital Health Circle)
- Dr. Carolyn Pang, PhD (2018) (now at McGill University, past City of Burnaby)
- Rui Pan, MSc (2017) (now at JP Morgan, past Work Applications Co., Amazon)
- Samarth Singhal, MSc (2017) (now at Unity, past Finger Food Studios, Thalmic Labs, North)
- Stephanie Wong, MSc (2017) (now at Q4, past True North Management)
- Dr. Victoria Moulder, PhD (2016) (now at University of Tokyo)
- Dr. Erick Oduor, PhD (2015) (now at IBM Research Africa)
- Jason Procyk, MSc (2015) (now at Electronic Arts, past FCV Interactive)
- Dan Hawkins, MSc (2015) (now at Camp Pacific, past HootSuite)
- Dr. Serena Hillman, PhD (2014) (now at Microsoft, past SMART Technologies, Electronic Arts)
- Carolyn Pang, MSc (2013) (now at McGill University, past City of Burnaby)
- Dr. Tejinder Judge, PhD, Virginia Tech (2010) (now at Google)
- Macguire Rintoul, Research Assistant (2019-2020)
- Carolyn Yip, Research Assistant (2019-2020)
- Zixuan Tan, MITACS Intern (2019)
- Alireza Mogharrab, Research Assistant and Undergraduate Honours (2019)
- Kyle McCaffrey, Research Assistant (2019)
- Zikun Yang, MITACS Intern (2018)
- Xiaoxuan ‘Anty’ Xiong, MITACS Intern (2017)
- Hanieh Shakeri, Research Assistant (2016-2017)
- Jiazhuo Qin, MITACS Intern (2016)
- Yee Loong Ooi, Research Assistant (2016)
- Niala Moallem, Research Assistant (2015)
- Uddipana Baishya, MITACS Intern (2015)
- Vũ Mạnh Cường, MITACS Intern (2015)
- Anezka Chua, Research Assistant (2016)
- Clarissa Ishak, Undergrad Researcher (2014-15)
- Brendan DeBrincat, Undergrad Researcher (2014)
- Rui Pan, MITACS Intern (2014)
- Jordan Beja, Research Assistant (2014)
- Jordan Tseng, Research Assistant (2014)
- MaoYang Li, MITACS Intern (2013)
- Jason Procyk, Undergrad Researcher (2013)
- Jessica Coccimiglio, Undergrad Researcher (2013)
- Cecilia Lam, Undergrad Researcher (2013)
- Aaron Mah, Research Assistant (2013)
- Mary Hui, Undergrad Honors & Capstone (2012)
- Christine Ly, Undergrad Capstone (2012)
- Tatiana Buhler, Undergrad Capstone & Research Assistant (2012)
- Azmina Karimi, Undergrad Honors (2011) (now at R/GA)
- Terence Tsung, Research Assistant (2011)