My Chinese name is 潘睿 (pinyin: Pān Ruì). I found it’s hard for people to pronounce my last name ‘Ruì’, so I picked ‘Ray’ as my English name and it just sounds the same. I obtained my Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science at University of Electronic Science and Technology of China. During the college years, I went to National Taiwan University of Science and Technology as exchange student in 2012.
I took the Mitacs Globalink Research Intern at SFU in 2014. After spending a splendid internship time in cLab, I decided to join here as a Master student. My research area is focused on how interactive systems can help people communicate better.
- Pan, R., Singhal, S., Riecke, B., Cramer, E. and Neustaedter, C. “MyEyes”: The Design and Evaluation of First Person View Video Streaming for Long-Distance Couples ACM Conference on Designing Interactive Systems (DIS ’17 Full Paper) [PDF]
- Pan, R., Lo, H., and Neustaedter, C. Collaboration, Awareness, and Communication in Real-Life Escape Rooms. (DIS ’17 Full Paper) [PDF]
- Pan, R. and Neustaedter, C. Space: A Toolkit for Prototyping Context-Aware Mobile Video Streaming Apps. ACM Conference on Computer Human Interaction (CHI ’17 Late-Breaking Work). [PDF] [Poster]
- Pan, R., Neustaedter, C., Antle, A. and Matkin, B. Puzzle Space: A Distributed Tangible Puzzle for Long Distance Couples, ACM Computer Supported Cooperative Work. (CSCW’17 Companion) [PDF] [Poster]
- Pan, R., Bartram, L. and Neustaedter, C. TwitchViz: A Visualization Tool for Twitch Chatrooms. (CHI ’16 Late-Breaking Work). [PDF] [Poster]
- Pan, R., Forghani, A., Neustaedter, C., Strauss, N., and Guindon, A. The Family Board: An Information Sharing System for Family Members. (CSCW’15 Companion). [PDF] [Poster]
- Pang, C., Pan, R, Wong, S. and Neustaedter, C. City Explorer: Gamifying Public Transit Trips While Exploring the City. (CHI ’17 Late-Breaking Work). [PDF] [Poster]
- Singhal, S., Neustaedter, C., Schiphorst, T., Tang, A., Patra, A., Pan, R.. You are Being Watched: Bystanders’ Perspective on the Use of Camera Devices in Public Spaces. (CHI ’16 Late-Breaking Work) [PDF] [Poster]